What We Know So Far
*UPDATED: see post below*�
While none of this is final till the car is revealed at Tokyo, here’s what is known/expected so far for the rebirth of the iconic Nissan hero car.
- Designation VR38VETT, Twin Turbo, 3.8L V6
- Variable Valve Event Lift (VVEL)
- Estimated 480+HP, maybe as high as 550HP
- Forged internals throughout
- ATTESSA All Wheel Drive, possibly tuned for more rear-wheel bias on higher-spec models.
Dimensions, Weight, Chassis:
- Designated CBA-R35 (Interesting that this is designated R35, when effectively it is not the R35/V35 proto chassis but a new chassis)
- Total weight around 3500lbs or 1570kg
- Weight distribution centralized
- Length: ~4,650mm (183 inches)
- Wheelbase: ~ 2,800 mm (110 inches)
- Width: ~1,350mm (53 inches).
- Expected to come in at least three models. Standard, Black Edition and Premium. There has been mention of V-Spec and EVO designations; whether these are sub designations to Standard, Black Edition or Premium are unknown — they may be bona fide models on their own.
- Six colors
- Titanium Gray
- Dark Metal Blue
- Super Black
- Vibrant Red
- Ultimate Metal Silver (additional cost)
- White Pearl (additional cost)
- Rays forged wheels, probably 18 inches. Upgraded gunmetal Rays wheels will be available on the base model, and standard on Black and Premium models
- Two colours, either Black or Grey. Only Black is available in the Black Edition.
- All three models have SRS curtain and side airbags as options (One would expect these would be standard and may still be standard come Tokyo)
- Bose sound optional on Base and Black Edition, standard on Premium (similar to V35 coupes)
- Anti-theft systems also optional on Base and Black, standard on Premium (Again we’d expect anti-theft to become standard on a ~8million yen supercar)
- Lashings of light weight (and probably expensive) materials, such as magnesium alloy, carbon fibre and titanium inside and out.
No comprehensive details are available yet on drivetrain, transmission, turbocharger configuration and manufacturer, exhaust, suspension, braking and aerodynamic configurations, though given the nature of the car, we’d expect large Brembo’s front and back, possibly a new high-strength DSG paddleshift auto and 6 speed manual transmissions and at least a light-weight stainless steel high-flow dual exhaust.
There has been talk of different brakes for different models — 4 piston, 6 piston and high-strength carbon-ceramic have been mentioned on hypothetical base, V-Spec and EVO models respectively — though it seems unlikely given the same engine configuration is expected for all models. It’s wise to note here that rumors surrounding power vary wildly, it may be that the VR38VETT will be tuned for greater powers across the range and warrant different braking and suspensions set ups for each model. Time will tell
UPDATES:CarAdvice have added the following information :
- NO MANUAL OPTION! Instead Nissan are opting for a 7 speed flappy paddle…
- Titanium muffler
- Side airbags optional on all 3 models (Surprisingly not standard)
- Platinum comes with a heated seat, Thatcham class immobiliser and alarm
- The Ultimate Metal Silver colour attracts a 300,000 yen premium, Pearl White attracting a 30,000 yen premium
- RE070 run flats on black and platinum
- UPDATED PRICING (tax incl):� Base — 7,770,000 yen, Black edition — 7,927,500 yen , Premium: 8,347,500 yen
We’ll post more as information becomes available.